Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Year, New You.

My sincere apologies to everyone for the delayed New Years posting. I had every intention of starting the new year off right with a super inspirational post. However, my cousin Kenny had a bright idea that we should run in the "bringing in the New Year" 5K on new years eve. Because I was worried about it being so cold, I wore my heavy wool sledding socks. I have since learned that they do not make good running socks. To make a long story short. I got TWO ingrown toenails and have been on bedrest for a month.

So foot surgery is not the best way to start off the year I know...But, I am a trooper. The "doctor" thought I could be up on my feet the next day. I want to ask him if he ever had ingrown toenails. Some doctor, he wouldn't even prescribe me any real pain medication. The saddest part is I don't know if my Toenails will ever fully recover.

Anyway, after a month on the couch, I am ready to return to the land of the living. Although, I did finally get to catch up on my Tivo. (I have Tivo'ed every episode of Extreme Home Makeover. .. I consider Ty Pedington one of the most motivating people on TV. The way he amplifies his energy through that megaphone is powerful. Plus, you may notice the colors he chooses to wear....















spooky huh?

So, instead of leaving you with a powerful tip today, I want to hear one from you. What is your life motto? What is the saying that helps you reach for the stars. Also, if you have resolutions you want to share, please let me know.
-Hunter

2 comments:

Norm said...

Hunter -- you are awesome! I can't believe you ran an entire 5k. That definitely speaks to why you are so successful in life. The only time I ever tried to run a 5k, I ended up running 1k, walking the next 3, and riding in an ambulance for the last 1. I had no idea how loud those sirens are from inside the van.

Anyway, I have two inspirational quotes for you. The first, from Charles F. Kettering (American inventor, teacher, humanitarian), is to help you recover from your injuries: "You will never stub your toe standing still. The faster you go, the more chance there is of stubbing your toe, but the more chance you have of getting somewhere."

The second, and the one that has guided my life since I was a child, was something my friend's dad used to say to us a lot in the years before he went to prison: "You can make your life better if you just go out and take what you want." He would then say something about survival of the fittest and using force on the weak, but I didn't really understand that part.

Keep getting somewhere, and keep being you!

A said...

"Lie." ~by Anonymous.

We don't know who first coined the phrase, but that one word has brought me where I am today. And I don't use it in an unethical sort of way at all. When someone asks "Are you afraid of the dark." "I lie." When they ask "Is this task to big for you?" "I lie." When they ask "Do you want to go to church today?" Yes again, "I lie." These are real life examples of ways in which lying is actually beneficial for mankind, and that's the reason it is my favorite quote and my perpetual new years resolution year after year.

P.S. I have not seen the movie "Lie to me" yet but I would not be surprised if it ends up as my favorite... Hunter I bet you would really enjoy that movie also. http://www.flingmovie.com/fling_-_home.html