Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Flip this House

It was just brought to my attention that I have not yet posted anything on this blog regarding real estate. Which is of course shocking because it is definitely something I excel at and I enjoy doing. Truth be told, my cousin Kenny and I are about to begin on a little real estate investment / project. I have always had a dream of buying an older house, fixing it up and selling it for a huge profit. However, due to a few bumps in my credit (curse the Nordstrom's half yearly sale and the 2002 Olympic Edition Pontiac Aztec that I just had to have) a home loan has been a bit of a challenge. So I would like to congratulate Kenny on becoming my partner. He will contribute the financial capital and I will contribute the knowledge capital. Anyway, the plan is to post our progress. So here are a few photos. Here are the before pictures:















As you can see we have a lot of work to do. But you can also see the potential. The best part is the sweet deal we got on this house. I don't want to reveal the price until we have it fixed up and sold. Does anyone know how to get a hold of the producers of "Flip this House?" I think HGTV would love to promo this. If you do please forward me their contact info.

So I will keep everyone updated on the progress. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. We are going to make a ton of money! The only thing I'm nervous about is Kenny's poor taste in paint color. (We spent and hour and a half at Home Depot fighting over colors.) Kenny wants me to believe that because he once dated a girl that was going to be an interior designer that he taste is better then mine. Yeah Right!

Stay tuned for more house updates!

Hunter

1 comment:

A said...

Hunter and Kenny, is your house hooked onto another bigger house? Who owns the bigger house? I think you should just leave it the same color, that is a lovely aqua-marine.

P.S. You might want to rethink contacting "Flip this house" -check out this article.

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/legal-services/4464806-1.html