Friday, December 12, 2008

First Contest Results

Thanks for the questions. Excellent points from everyone. Although I have to disqualify "n" from the contest as his/her question had no reference to "Christmas." So by default the winner goes to "Remuda." However, I hate to disapoint but I found out a couple days ago (after spending a hour arguing with the customer service representative that my computer only has a CD Rom and can't actually "burn" DVD's. That is why I was having so much trouble getting it to work. But here are the links to the songs I was going to burn:
1. One Week: I already posted this link (I have the whole thing memorized)
2. Complicated: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGXYAJoDWCk (My favorite song to lip sync)
3. One Night in Bangkok: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgmoEHnUpjk (Old school classic)
4. Another day in Paradise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftlYLcEW_I4 (Any Phil Collins song could be on this list.)
5. Streets of Philidelphia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L9_8vwx2w8&feature=related (I have a lot of nostalgia for this song....It's a long story.)
6. Truely, Madly, Deeply: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Dg1Ymji-Q (If they ever made a poem into a song, in my book, this would be it. )
7. Drops of Jupiter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXQFnIEf_Q (This song reminds me of me.)
Anyway, there are lots more but it is taking forever to copy and paste them.
Moving on...
Remuda, asks a challenging question. While I love everything about Christmas. I have to say Halloween is top on my list for one simple reason... COSTUMES. When it comes to dressing up, like everything I do, I give it 100%. Guess what I was this year? No it wasn't Edward. I'm not even that big of a fan. (I want to make it clear that I am not a 100% beliver in vampires. Probably only like 10% - 15%.) I AM IRONMAN! (was).


Belive it or not, this is not a photo from the actual Ironman movie. This is a photo of me on my deck wearing a replica costume I spent countless hours assembling this summer. At work on Halloween, I actually had people tell me it looked more real then the one in the movie. I would happen to agree. Hope that answers your question about my favorite Holiday. Don't get me wrong Christmas is also awesome!
Speaking of Christmas, I wanted to throw this out to everybody for suggetions. I am in charge of bringing an appetizer to a real estate networking holiday party next week. I was going to bring my famous tray of Shrimp (Nobody knows but I actually get it at Costco). but thought I might mix it up with something more original. So the new contest is whoever sends the winning receipe will win. The Prize = a copy of the blueprints for my Ironman Suit as well as lots of tips on how to assemble it quickly (I have already been through the learning curve).
Lastly: Tip of the day: "If you wish you had more time in the day, just remember everybody has the same amount 24 hours. It's up to you to make sure your day is the best day it can be."
-Hunter

2 comments:

Norm said...

Hunter,

Wow! I can't believe I just spaced off the requirement that the question be about Christmas. I mean, I usually wouldn't just miss something that obvious. It's almost like the word "Christmas" just appeared out of nowhere or something. Wierd.

Don't worry, I won't fail you this time. And you are in luck: shrimp is one of my specialities! Most people think shrimp is just for use as a finger food or hors d'oeuvres, but there is a whole world of shrimp-related excitement and adventure that await the truly creative mind. So here is my recipe:

LEMON SHRIMP GELATIN DELIGHT

1 6-ounce package gelatin lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup water boiling
3/4 cup water cold
1/2 cup cream whipped
1/2 cup salad dressing
3 eggs hard-cooked, peeled, and chopped
1 cup tiny cocktail shrimp, cooked
1 cup celery chopped
1/4 cup green bell peppers, chopped
4 green onions, minced
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 cup walnuts chopped


Dissolve gelatin and salt in boiling water. Add cold water and refrigerate till partially set. Remove from refrigerator and whip till foamy. Mix in whipped cream and salad dressing. Add chopped eggs, shrimp, celery, green pepper, onions, cheese, and walnuts. Pour into 1-quart mold and refrigerate 12 hours or overnight.

Make this, and I can promise you your offering will be the talk of the holiday party! Good luck, and may all your holiday wishes come true.

P.S. Whom do you think would win in a fight -- Iron Man or Edward? I think Edward because he sparkles.

A said...

Hunter,
I am flattered by winning your first ever contest. I will thoroughly enjoy the the motivational music links. Here is another great link you can add to the list. (Forgive me if this song was one you already had on the list but didn't have time to post. For sure you have heard it many times already, I have relied on this tune many times in the past to find motivation.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84b949k8HCw

As far as a networking appetizer goes, I also have a delicious (and extremely hearty) shrimp recipe. It's called Tomato Shrimp Cocktail Punch. Also known as Chunky V8.

Tomato Shrimp Cocktail Punch

3 pounds cooked shrimp, shelled and de-veined

1 bottle ( of ketchup
1 jumbo can of V8 juice
Juice of 2 lemons
1/2 cup Sprite or Sierra Mist
1/2 cup of diced fresh tomato
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped jalapenos
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup diced celery

Chill the shrimp until ready to serve. Combine all of the sauce ingredients except for half of the celery; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.

To serve, sprinkle the remaining celery into eight tall glasses. Half fill each glass to the with shrimp. Stir the tomato cocktail sauce well and pour equal amounts over shrimp. Then drink the chunky goodness. MMM MMM!

P.S. I think Iron Man would win in a fight against Edward, as long as he keeps his heart plug covered. (If I had a glowing plug on my chest that any one could reach in a pull out, killing me in the process, I think I would keep it covered a little better than he does. Wouldn't you?)