Thursday, December 18, 2008

One More Week!

I can't believe that Christmas is only a week away. Seriously, where did the time go this year. I'm really going to try extra hard to sit back and enjoy this week. I wanted to write down some suggestions of traditions I have that I think you might enjoy:

1. Hot Cocoa, warm Jammies, and good book

2. Watch a favorite Christmas movie (I recommend Santa Claus 3. Tim Allen + Martin Short = me laughing on the floor)

3. Carolling (Although I wouldn't recommend doing this by yourself, your reception will be much better if you take others with you....I learned this the hard way.)

4. Sledding: I actually don't do this anymore. Although I was really good at it, my tailbone is WAY too sensitive. Now I'm happy just to watch.

5. Presents: Nothing gets me into the Christmas spirit like when I get presents.


I almost forgot the results of the contest: The best Christmas Shrimp receipe. (The strange part is that it was the same two people that submitted receipes as last weeks competition, I think that filter on my computer may be set too high).

So the winner is "n" with

LEMON SHRIMP GELATIN DELIGHT

Although this took way longer then I thought, It was a definite hit. (I was a little aprehensive about it because I had to improvise on some of the ingredients. I actually need to rename it
LEMON "CLAM" GELATIN DELIGHT - I was in such a hurry at the store I picked up the wrong can. Everybody still loved it. I set it down, went to the bathroom and when I came out it was gone. So as promised here are the blueprints to my Ironman costume.


TOP SECRET IRONMAN costume blue print:
http://lolabrigada.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/cats-photo-for-web.jpg

Anyway, I need to resolve a concern that a couple of bloggers had about who whould win in a fight between Ironman and Edward. A pretty good match-up, although realistically I really don't think they would ever have something to fight about. They really stand for much of the same things. However, if it did happen, I would put my money on Edward = for the simple fact that he could sneak into Tony Starks house and steal an extra Ironman suit. He would have to use his Vampire soul to power the suit, but then he would be a vampire in the most advanced mechanical weapon of our time. That is a tough match-up for Tony Stark.

So enjoy the Holidays! my next post will be about new years resolutions. This is probably the most important post a life coach can give so get ready. If you have resolutions that you are considering please let me know. I can help make your dreams come true!

Hunter

4 comments:

A said...

Thanks for the sweet background music Hunter. That is great to have Rod Stewart going through my mind all day long.

P.S. You wouldn't think Tony Stark could have defeated his last enemy, the evil ironman-wanna-be who was 5 times bigger, but you were wrong. He did. So I think he will find a way to subdue Iron-Edward as well... be he shimmering or not.

A said...

P.P.S. I think there was something wrong with the link to the Ironman blueprints... well I didn't win so maybe that's the reason my link sent me to wonderland instead...

Hunter said...

Sorry about the bad link to the Ironman blueprints. That was something else I was working on. Here is the right one.

http://r3p1icat0r.deviantart.com/art/Ironman-Suit-Blueprint-Semi-F-92710036

This is not the one Tony used in the movie, but the research I did suggests you could build the actual suit from these blueprints. I know my suit gets as close as you can without having a real arc reactor to power it. Plus, I had to use more cardboard then I felt was acceptable and I had to donate my favorite pair of black sweat pants to the costume.

Norm said...

Hunter: Thanks for choosing me as the winner of the shrimp recipe contest. I just knew that you would enjoy my selection, and your inspired change from shimp to clams sounds amazing. I will definitely have to try it out tonight.

I'm also glad that Remuda asked about the link to the Iron Man suit. I just assumed that you posted what you meant, and was already half-way through my first cat costume. It was coming along okay, I guess, but I couldn't really get the fur to look right. The glue I am using keeps causing it to clump and mottle. But no matter -- now I can focus on the Iron Man suit. Maybe next year we can both wear them for Halloween!

By the way, I like all of the things you mentioned about Christmas, but I would add another fav movie: Jingle All The Way. I've always said that Arnold Schwarzenegger is a comedic genius. He uses that accent of his in just the right way to make me laugh. And pairing him up with Sinbad?? Whoever thought of that should have won an Oscar!